Family & Immigration Lawyers, Domestic Violence  Free Consultation   Contact Us


Bracken Law Firm

Family & Immigration Lawyers



At Bracken Law firm our practice included immigration law. We handle spousal sponsorship, family reunification and appeals.

Spousal, Partner and Child Sponsorship

You can become a sponsor someone to come to Canada if you are:

1.    at least 18 years old
2.    a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
3.    if you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent       resident
4.    you can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada
5.    able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
6.    have enough income to provide for basic needs of any grandchildren (dependent children of a dependent child) of the principal applicant

The sponsor, who can be a man or woman, can sponsor a married, common-law or conjugal partner, either of the same or the opposite sex.

You can find out more information here

Family Reunification

Similar to sponsoring your spouse or children, you can also apply as a sponsor to reunite your extended family in Canada.
This means you can apply to bring in grandparents, adopted children and other relatives and grandchildren. Learn more here <>

At Bracken Law Firm we can help you with your application.

<Set up an <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

(905) 666-5326 Whitby, Durham Region

Serving Pickering Family LawyersPickering Ajax Family LawyersAjax Uxbridge Family LawyersUxbridge Oshawa Family LawyersOshawa & Toronto Family LawyersToronto Area


TMB Law - Family Lawyers, Business & Immigration Legal Services

  • Default
  • Title
  • Date
  • Random

    Divorce and separation are some of the most stressful situations a family can experience. With complete information and support, you can get your situation under control.

    Read More

    If you have a child with another person, you both have rights and responsibilities to the child. This includes having the right to spend time with the child

    Read More

    Child Welfare is focused on improving the health, well-being, education and safety of children and youth. In Ontario, many organizations work to ensure the well-being and safety of children.

    Read More

    If you want to get or change a child support order under the Child Support Guidelines, the court will require certain income information.

    Read More

    The law views spousal relationships as financial partnerships. When the partnership breaks down, the person with more income or assets may have to pay support to the other

    Read More

    Division of Property. When a marriage ends, the equal contribution of each person to the marriage is recognized. The law provides that the value of any kind of property that was acquired by a ...

    Read More
load more hold SHIFT key to load all load all